Saturday, May 18, 2013

LASIK

Lots of people are aware of what a push present is.  It's basically a gift given by a husband to a wife when she has a baby.  I am a lover of gifts, so I was obviously all over getting a push present.

The problem was I had no idea what I wanted.  I love handbags but part of me wanted something more practical.  I seriously couldn't come up with anything until Beckett was born.

I was blind as a bat.  I had horrible nearsightedness and if I didn't have my glasses or contacts in, I couldn't see anything.  This was particularly challenging with Beckett sleeping in a basinet on my side of the bed.  I had to search for glasses and if I happened to knock them off the side table, it was game over.

I knew I needed LASIK and thought it would be the perfect push present.

I finally had my consultation Wednesday and they put me on the schedule for the next day, which means I am two days post-surgery.

I am so happy I did it!  If you had asked me one to two hours afterwards, I would have been singing a different tune but two days later and I feel great.  Plus, I can see!  Like really see.

My vision was 20/25 the day after but my doctor said my vision will continue to improve.  It is amazing waking up and being able to see and not having to do my nightly contact-ritual.  I also no longer have to worry about ripped contacts when we travel.  Hallelujah!

I would definitely recommend doing it just know that you will hate life for about two hours but after that, it's all good.  Oh, and ask for the Valium before surgery.  Always ask for the Valium.




My post-surgery goggles.  Adorbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment