Sunday, May 22, 2011

A few of my favorite things

We are almost at the end of my Paris blogs. Hopefully, they aren't super boring.

Our second to last day in Paris was spent shopping. It was my favorite day. Before we shopped, we finally got to go up the Eiffel Tower. I definitely, 100% recommend booking online if you are want to get tickets in a reasonable time. We were given that advice before we went and I am so glad we took it.





I'm so glad that we do go up the Eiffel Tower. It was such an amazing experience to see Paris from above and definitely something we can cross off our bucket lists.

After we finished at the tower, we did a bus tour and made our way towards the Champs Elysees. I was a woman on a mission. When we decided to go to Paris last November, I started thinking about what my one big souvenir would be. I felt like there was one thing that came to mind when thinking about Paris, Chanel. So, I decided to start saving my money so I could leave France with THE name in French fashion.

We made our way to 31 rue de Cambon, which is where the original Chanel store is located and Coco Chanel had an apartment above the store. I knew exactly which handbag I wanted, but unfortunately they didn't have it at that store. The good news is there was another Chanel store a couple blocks away, so we headed to that store.



As soon as we got to the next Chanel store, I saw my bag. After talking to a sales associate I found out that it had been placed no hold. However, our sales associate was an angel from heaven and made a few calls and located the bag at another Chanel store. She went and got it for me and I finally had my dream bag.



I love love love my bag and do not regret purchasing it all. I have never been a big collector, but I love handbags. No matter how much weight you gain, a handbag always fits. I feel very thankful that I am able to purchase such a classic bag and I love my husband for not questioning me and letting me buy it.

We went to H&M and Zara and ate croque monsieurs at a sidewalk cafe. It was a very Paris day. We decided to go back to the Marais because I had seen a couple stores I wanted to go back to.

It was at one of those store, Sandro, that I bought another one of my favorite things. I got the cutest dress ever, but I did a little miscalculation with the exchange rate and paid a lot more for it than I would have. So if you see me this summer, don't be surprised if I am wearing this dress. I have to get my money's worth.



My last favorite purchase was my fascinator. I have embraced the British trend and I think it makes occasions much more special to have a fun hat. We were at a market and there happened to be a stand where they were selling clothes and accessories. I saw this fascinator and had to have it.



Finally, I have to mention where we ate dinner that night. Paris Perfect, our apartment company, recommended La Taverna and I read good things about it on Trip Advisor (which is where the picture of the restaurant is from). We had tried to eat there two previous nights, but the first night we couldn't find it and the next it was closed.




We were both very glad that we persevered and went back. The food was amazing. I had gnocchi and Daniel had rabbit. The restaurant is owned by a husband and wife. He cooks and she is the waitress. I always think it's a good sign when the majority of the people in a restaurant actually live in that city. I would recommend going if you're ever in Paris.




No comments:

Post a Comment