Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting crafty

If you have talked to me in last month, chances are I have told you about my new obsession. Pinterest. I love love love it! It's hard to explain, but you have different boards and you "pin" pictures and links to your different boards. I have gotten so many great ideas for things to do around our house and new recipes to try. If you haven't heard of it, you need to check it out. You will thank me; your husband/significant other might not.

That being said, we bought a porch swing from Amazon.com at the beginning of the summer. We have done so much work on the inside of our house that the outside doesn't really reflect the cuteness. Our next big projects will be painting and adding shutters. Since we aren't ready for that yet, I decided a porch swing would be a nice addition.

I really wanted a black swing to match the shutters that we will be putting up, but I couldn't find one that I liked. So in the spirit of Pinterest and being crafty, I decided that the husband and I could stain it and that this would be an excellent project for us to do together (or for the husband to do and for me to supervise).

The porch swing sat in the garage all summer until I decided that this weekend was the weekend. I was feeling very motivated and maybe a little embarrassed by the exterior of our house. Whatever it takes to get things done.

What we started with


After the first coat of paint


Coming together



Ta da! The finished product


I am very proud of our little porch swing. We saved money and got to spend time together. Now on to the next project!

2 comments:

  1. You browns are so cute! and the swing looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel said it looks better in the picture because you can't see the whole house. Haters gonna hate.

    ReplyDelete