Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome to Miami

Last month we went to Miami for my birthday. Neither of us had ever been and my dad works there during the week, so we thought we should go before he decided that Florida was for the snow birds and it was time come back to Texas. My entire family ended up coming down for the weekend and we had so much fun.

I woke up to the best birthday suprise ever, Taylor Pork Roll! My mom was supposed to bring some from Houston, but she forgot. On a side note, said forgotten pork roll should have been shipped to my house a month ago and yet it still isn't here, but I digress. Luckily, my dad found some at the grocery store. It is shocking to me that half of New Jersey has relocated to Florida and finding pork roll is akin to locating the Fountain of Youth.


Taylor Pork Roll



My breakfast sandwich from heaven


My birthday events started with my favorite thing ever, shopping. We went to the Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens and let me tell you, it was one of the best malls I have ever been to. It had a H&M, Zara, Chanel, Burberry and just about every other high-end designed you can think of. Heaven.


Me and all my goods


As you can see, I did pretty well for myself. We ate lunch at Brio and then headed back to my dad's condo so we could get ready for dinner.

I used my trusty iPhone app Yelp to locate my birthday dinner restaurant, okay and maybe I saw the restaurant on the Kardashian's. We ate at Joe's Stone Crab on Miami Beach and it was delicious. I'm lazy so I love anywhere that cracks your crab for you. Also, their lobster mac and cheese was the bomb-dot-com. Seriously, amazing.


Pretty excited about dinner



Barb and her booze



Shannon and her water



His vacation in a nutshell



My first mojito ever



The spread at dinner



Look at all that crab


After dinner, we drove down South Beach. I'm not gonna lie, I expected more and was a little disappointed. It is basically four blocks of hotels and everything is very crowded. I had hoped for more.

Overall, I had a fabulous 27th birthday and it was so nice to get it to spend it with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment