Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wreck 'em Tech!

I had plans for our September date night to be in Amarillo, but I had to make some changes when Daniel signed up for a continuing education class in Lubbock. While it wasn't most creative idea, I decided we would go to dinner on Friday night and to the Tech game on Saturday.



I let Daniel choose the restaurant and he decided on Triple J Chophouse, but it was Parents Weekend and there was a two hour wait so we ended up at Melt. I had wanted to go to La Diosa, a wine and tapas bar, after our dinner but we had spent so much time waiting, we decided to call it a night. Date night was definitely not off to the smoothest of starts.

The next day Daniel went to class and I ate Josie's and shopped, naturally. After Daniel's class we headed to the Jones and got ready to cheer for the Red Raiders! I have been a member for the alumni association since I graduated, but I have never gone to the Frazier Alumni Pavilion. Uh, we have been missing out. It's the closest place to the stadium where you can buy booze and they have all the other games on TVs. It's also super handy during half time if you don't want to walk back to a tailgate.

The game didn't get off to the best start, but Tech came back in the end. We were so glad that we stayed and didn't leave early. There were a couple times where it was just too hard to watch, but we stayed and got to hear the Matador Song. Being back at Tech makes me remember how much fun I had and makes me a little sad. I definitely experience college and love going back.

Here are some pictures from our weekend!


Josie's - home of the best burritos ever

The Indiana entrance to campus

Getting ready for kick-off

The Masker Rider and Midnight Matador

Fight Raiders Fight!

Guns up!

Tech wins 35-34

No comments:

Post a Comment