Friday, September 30, 2011

Date night basket

I am sure everyone is tired of all my Pinterest talk, but I really do love it and it gave me the best idea for Daniel's anniversary gift. He has everything he wants and if he doesn't, he buys it. This makes him THE hardest person to shop for ever so I always struggle when I am looking for birthday, anniversary and Christmas gifts. I start a list at the beginning of the year and write down anything I see that he may like or that he tells me he wants. This year the list is slim pickings, so I was looking for a creative idea.

We have talked in the past about having a monthly date night. A lot of people do weekly date nights, but we live in such a small town that this would be all but impossible. The whole date night idea never really took off, so when I was browsing Pinterest I got really excited when I saw a link to a blog where the wife planned a date for every month for a year as a gift to her husband. I had plenty of time to really sit down and try to think of dates and I decided that this would be the perfect gift, plus let's be real, it would give me something to blog about.

So this was my gift to Daniel. I have pre-planned a date for every month and for some months I have already paid for the activities that we will be doing. I am so excited to see how this date nights improve and impact our relationship. Some dates are very creative and some are the usual. I tried to plan some dates around activities we've always wanted to do or what is going on in our area. I can't wait to share these dates with Daniel and all of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment