Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin spice muffins

I wanted to share a super easy, super delicious recipe I recently discovered. A friend made them for ladies' night out and I had to try them for myself. There are three ingredients, so it could not be easier.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins



All you need is: A box of yellow cake mix, a can of pumpkin, a teaspoon of pumpkin spice and icing (Optional. It's just as good without.)

Mix all the ingredients, expcept for icing, together. Just a word to the wise, it will be very thick! Just keep mixing until it is well blended. Fill cupcake liners in a cupcake pan until they are at least 2/3 full. Bake according to the box.

The finished product!


My friend left off the icing, which I thought was such a great idea. If you are watching what you eat, you can skip the icing. If you aren't, you can add as little or as much icing as you like and the icing doesn't get hard from being left on. I have made a version of these in the past using devil's food cake and they had 5 Weight Watchers Plus Points so I bet these are close. They are delish and good for you. Defintely a win-win!


No comments:

Post a Comment