Monday, November 28, 2011

Recipe round-up

Here are a few of the new recipes we've been whipping up in the Brown kitchen!


Crockpot Potato Soup

We gave this a solid A. It was so easy to make and there weren't very many ingredients required, which is always nice. I topped my soup with sour cream, bacon and cheese. It served four and still had some leftover and it tasted good the next day.

Mississippi Sin Dip

I made this to take over to a friend's house for a day of college football games. I think everyone would give it an A+. I have to say that this is another super easy recipe and the presentation is very impressive. I will definitely be making this again!




French Chicken Broccoli Supreme

We gave this a B. It involves making a roux, which I do not enjoy. However I learned that the secret it to keep whisking. Anyway, it was pretty tasty and I would probably make it again.



Hasselback Garlic Cheesy Bread

I made this to go with lasagna while my parents where in town. Instead of making the bread from scratch, I bought a loaf of french bread. It was a huge time saver and turned out pretty good. I would give it an A. I would like to try it again and make the bread from scratch, but that sounds very intimidating.



Breakfast Casserole

This was another recipe that I made while my family was in town for Thanksgiving and it is definitely one of my new favorite breakfast recipes. I give it an A++! It was so good and super easy. I already had all of the ingredients in my fridge and it took about 5 to 10 minutes to prepare. I also loved how simple it was and plan to make it again very soon.



Rolo Pretzel Bites

I don't make a lot of sweets because I would much rather waste calories on carbs than chocolate. I decided to try this recipe because I liked the salty/sweet combination and because it took less than 15 minutes start to finish. I would give them an A. They are super easy and I would recommend them if you need to whip up a quick dessert for a holiday party.


No comments:

Post a Comment