Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving recap

We had such a fab Thanksgiving! My whole family came, which was lots of fun. This also meant that we did not have to travel, which was a real treat. Our small town doesn't have tons going for it, so we are usually the ones that get to travel for holidays, but not this year.

The best part of Thanksgiving, besides family, is the food and we had LOTS of it! I made a breakfast casserole and then my mom, sister, and I got busy in the kitchen. It was definitely more of my mom and sister getting busy and me wandering in and out. We had a turkey (of course!), mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, and green bean bundles for dinner. Everything was good and best of all we had lots of leftovers. I'll give you one guess what we've been eating at the Brown house. For dessert, I made a butter cake and my mom made a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cheesecake.

The spread


My very beige plate


We were blessed that our family got to come to town for Thanksgiving and definitely gave lots of thanks for all the blessings in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment