Monday, December 5, 2011

Vega adventures

I have a confession. November got away from me and I never really planned a date night. I feel terrible so I decided that since we have a "No Date November" that we would be doing a "Double Date December." That's right, ladies and gentleman, I decided to plan two dates for December, in addition to our trip to NYC.

Our first date was this past weekend. What do you want to do on a small town Friday night? You head to an even smaller town to have dinner, obviously. There is a restaurant in Vega that is ran by a woman who was on some CMT show. It is supposed to be really good and we have talked about going there before, but have never done it. I thought it would be fun to go check it out and that is exactly what we did.

We made the hour-long drive and arrived at Boot Hill. It is decorated like an old saloon and all the waitresses are dressed like saloon girls, which was interesting. We were one of three tables on the restaurant side, but there were lots of people in the bar.


Our bucket o' fried crap


My little bit of green


The gigantic chicken fried steak


It looks like I ate a lot but the plate was really big, I swear


Daniel looking cray cray


Date night success!


The food was good and we had a lot of fun on our little adventure. Hopefully Double Date December will make up for No Date November.

1 comment: