Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beckett's First Valentine's Day

I will admit that Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday.  Gift-giving is my love language, although I wish it was something cheaper, and I think any time is the right time for gifts.  Isn't Daniel so lucky?  

Something about Valentine's Day just rubs me the wrong way.  Maybe it's the fact that every year I get flowers from one of the florists in town and they usually are dead the next day.  Plus they have glitter on them.  You read that right.  Glitter.  The herpes of craft products.  It is tacky and I don't need glitter all over my dining room table but thank you for adding to my list of chores.  

I got worked up just typing that.

Anyway, I decided that I don't need to pass my glittery flower-hating attitude on to Beckett so for his sake I embraced the day.  We didn't do anything extravagant.  He got a couple gifts from me and Daniel and some money for his college fund from his Grammie and Pop Pop.  I would like to go on record that money for  college fund may be the best gift ever.  Beckett's sweet friend Emma also brought him a goodie basket.  Her mom and I decided that next year we should do a small party since our kids are too young for pre-school and aren't in daycare.

I think Beckett definitely felt the love.

One of the only pictures that isn't a blurry mess
Beckett's very practical gifts from his parents


1 comment:

  1. This lady definitely loves him! He is so stinkin' cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete