Tuesday, February 12, 2013

the. cold weather essentials. list.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.  It's cold in the Panhandle again.  This turn in the weather inspired me to create a list with my top three cold weather essentials.

For the record, I am not a cold weather girl.  I owned exactly two sweaters when I moved to Lubbock.  That being said I have had to adapt.

This little list is are three of the things that I hold near and dear when the weather takes a turn for the chilly.

1. L.L. Bean boots


I had been wanting a pair of Bean boots for a while and thought that I would buy the more traditional pair.  That was until I locked eyes on these beauties.  They are the perfect blend of function and fashion.  A practical snow boot mixed with a motorcycle boot.  Plus they are lined.  I love them.

2. Hot chocolate


I am a creature of habit.  I am not kidding when I say that I ate the exact same thing for breakfast every morning of high school.  It was a frosted Pop Tart with hot chocolate (in case you were wondering).    While I have ditched the Pop Tarts, I have not ditched the hot chocolate.  I have been drinking it every morning and on cold days I drink it all day.  The good news is that Nestle's Fat Free version is zero Weight Watchers points.  Victory!

3. A car with heated seats



If I absolutely have to go out in the cold weather, it better be in a vehicle with heated seats.  I never knew the glory that was a heated seat until I moved to Dalhart and now I will never go back.  Our garage is not insulated, we're not that fancy, so it is either stone cold or a sauna.  Thankfully my vehicle has seats that heat and cool.  They are the only thing that make it possible for me to leave my house on days like today.

So that's my list.  What cold-weather items do you consider a necessity?


2 comments:

  1. Loved your boots last night and I meant to tell you and I agree about the heated seats...and I love a warm scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever go without heated seats again :-) They are a luxury I don't know if I could give up now! haha. And I'm a big huge hot chocolate fan :-)

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete