Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Anniversary dinner

I thought I would do a blog about what we had for our anniversary dinner because I was so impressed by how ambitious the husband got. We live in a small town and there is really no where to go for a nice dinner, unless you want to drive 80 miles. Now, we love food in our house and I really love lobster. I could eat seafood every day and lobster is my favorite, but we have never ever attempted to make it. I think that it has to be one of the most intimidating foods to prepare. That may have to do with the fact that they are alive and you have to be the execution squad.

Daniel decided that for our anniversary it was time to attempt lobster. You can buy them online and have them overnighted to your house... alive. I tried not to ask too many questions because after I was told that you have to hit them in between the eyes with a knife, I was done. I once quit eating beef for three years because seeing a cattle car upset me, so I did not want to lose lobster.

Daniel cooked everything which was such a nice surprise because I had to work. I think it was one of the best dinners I've ever had! He boiled the lobster, who died a natural death in our kitchen sink, made mashed potatoes, asparagus and biscuits. Very impressive and I think I will keep him.

The spread


Horatio and Ignatius


Our dinner guest



No comments:

Post a Comment