Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where we've been

We have been busy. Just when I think things are starting to calm down, tons of new obligations pop up! We have been to Houston, doctor's appointments (more on that later) and spent time with friends. We're going to Lubbock and have been planning trips to NYC, Vegas and Dallas for a Cowboys game. I'm tired just typing about it.

No matter how busy we are, I try to cook at least four or five nights a week. I am type A to the max, so I enjoy making weekly meal plans and finding new recipes to try. When we first got married I noticed that we were eating the same things over and over again so I committed to trying one new recipe a week and I have been pretty good about it.

I've been even better about it lately because I have Pinterest to help! It has given me so many ideas, so I thought I would rate the new recipes we've tried lately and share the links in case anyone wants to try them for themselves!


Crack Potatoes


We both loved these and gave them an A+! They were super easy, but I'm not going to lie, they are not good for you in any way. They are called "crack potatoes" because you can't get enough and that is the truth! Next time I make them I'm going to divide the recipe into 3 pans and freeze 2 of them because I have no self-control.


Cheesy Ranch Potatoes


Can you tell we like potatoes? These were good, but not as good as the crack potatoes, so we gave them an A-. We halved the recipe, which worked out perfectly.


Creamy Cheesy Potatoes


I mean, we really, really like potatoes. My mom and I made these for my sister's birthday at the beginning of the month and I gave them a solid B. You have to make a roux and I usually stop reading a recipe as soon as I see that making one is involved. This one was pretty easy, but I wasn't crazy about the cornflake topping.


Pizza Bites


We usually make these the day after we've had pizza and are another A+. The dough recipe I posted makes enough for two pizzas, so we have pizza one night and the next have these. They are delish! But you have to be careful because you can have 8 and not even realize it.


Crockpot Italian Chicken


This was SO easy! I came home from work at lunch and threw everything in the crockpot and by the time I got home it was ready. I love crockpot cooking! Just add a salad and you have a meal in no time. We gave them a B+.


Hot Spinach Dip


This is a low-fat spinach dip and I would give it a B. Let's be real, low-fat dip will never be as good as the "not so good for you" dip. But, I will continue to search for a recipe that rivals Houston's spinach dip. If you are watching what you eat, this blog as tons of great low-fat recipes.


Best Ever Beef Dip Sandwich


I give these an A+. This is another crockpot recipe and takes a couple minutes to prepare. We both loved these and I am not a big beef eater. This recipe will definitely be in the rotation this fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment