Friday, February 24, 2012

Fondue fun-do

Date night in February took a decidedly 70s style turn. I decided to get a little crazy and buy a fondue pot or as I like to call it a fun-do pot. I have never had fondue. The husband has never had fondue. However, we both love cheese. I also bought a fondue cookbook because I had no idea how to make fondue.


The goods


Daniel picked out a recipe for Parmesan Pesto fondue and we also decided to do chocolate because who doesn't love chocolate covered strawberries? Answer: no one. I'm not going to lie, it was a pretty tame date night. On a side note, I took all the pictures with my new camera. I can't wait for my photography class so I can figure our exactly what I'm doing.


The set up


Parmesan Pesto fondue


The best


We were supposed to watch a movie as part of date night, but then our friends came to town and we got our drank on. The end.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had never fondued...we used to fondue all the time. I have 2 fondue pots I can dust off for a full blown out fondue extravaganza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was our first time fondue-ing. I liked it but I generally like anything that involves cheese. And I am all in for a fondue fun-do extravaganza. I have a cookbook full of ideas just waiting to be used.

    ReplyDelete