Wednesday, February 29, 2012

true love

So earlier this month I posted about my love of Facebook auctions. It has gotten a little out of control. I am now seriously shopping on Facebook.

Last night I had a meeting and I couldn't watch one of the auctions I follow. This would not have been a big deal, but there was a bag I wanted because we are hopefully taking a beach vacation with some of our friends and it is perfect. I was seriously considering not going to the meeting so I could buy this bag. I'm telling you it is a sickness.

I decided that I needed to go to the meeting or attend some sort of AA-type meeting for shopping a la Confessions of a Shopaholic (the movie). So I decided I had to go the meeting and be around normal people and hope that the normalcy rubbed off on me. But before I went I taught my husband how to Facebook. I showed him the bag and copied my email so all he had to was wait and paste. Not many men would be willing to do this but he did. On a side note, I don't think he realized that it would be an HOUR before the bag came up.

So he patiently waited and when the bag came up, he pasted like a professional. There were only four so he must have been really quick. He wasn't exactly happy with me when I got home at 10:30, but I had my bag. What he doesn't need to know is that I had actually found the bag online earlier just in case I didn't get it. This will be our little secret.



Disclaimer: I am posting this here because I hate every single person whose Facebook statuses are dedicated to extolling the virtues of their spouse. We get it. You love your spouse, most people do. Who are you trying to convince? I think the answer might just be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment