Saturday, November 17, 2012

fill in the blank saturday

Breaking news, babies keep you busy.  But really, they do.  Between feeding Beckett, doing his laundry, doing our laundry (which I would have to do less often if he didn't insist on spitting up on our sheets), taking care of the dogs, and all the other obligations I still have, I feel like I barely have time to breathe.  So these blanks are a day late and I have a blog about Beckett's birth half written.  I hope to post it tomorrow but I'm not making any promises.  Blanks are from the little things we do.



1.  My best quality is   that I am insanely organized and my memory.  I am great on committees because I make a mean list and I remember everything (well, most everything.  Having a baby has made things a little more fuzzy)   .

2.  One of my less flattering qualities is  that I can be too trusting and want to see the good in everyone even when they have shown their true colors.  I had a friend that was going around town saying really horrible things about me and I kept wanting to give her second and third and fourth chances.  She didn't stop and by trying to save our friendship, I gave her more insight into my life which she then turned into more lies about me.  We are no longer friends    .

3.  I'd rather be    sleeping.  I used to be able to sleep all day and then Beckett came along   .

4. Something I have been challenged with lately is   letting Daniel do things his way when it comes to the baby.  I am type A and it is hard for me to give up control.  I want help but at the same time I want things done my way.  I have had to accept help and the fact that sometimes it's easier to look away if it means I get a break  .

5. I am looking forward to  Thanksgiving!  My family will be in town and it's the first time my dad and sister have seen Beckett since he was discharged from the NICU.  Plus Thanksgiving means lots of food and decorating for Christmas.

6. A super random factoid about me is  that I have to be walking or moving around when I brush my teeth.  I cannot stand still and brush my teeth.  Maybe I feel like it is more affective if I am moving  .


7.  I want to  plan our anniversary trip, which will be our first trip sans baby.  I am completely unprepared for how hard it will be to leave him, but I now that vacations are good for both my soul and sanity.  I have an idea of where we are going to go but I need to start doing my research  .


No comments:

Post a Comment