Thursday, April 12, 2012

When is enough enough?

My name is Heather and I am a remodel-oholic. I seriously have issues. I have no idea when to throw in the towel and say enough is enough and we are not putting any more money into this house. We have plans to build in the next three years, but I feel like we have done so much to our current home, that we might as well see it through to the end. We'll see what my patience allows.

Our latest project was a new garage door.  I have been looking for a new car for a while and my husband's one stipulation was that we needed a garage to park it in.  I usually park on the street which isn't so safe or smart when you live in the Panhandle.  Hail is no one's friend.

Our old garage was rough.  Dilapidated is the word that comes to mind.  I would guess it was built in the 1920s and hadn't been touched since.

The old garage

I wanted to stay true to the style of the house and chose to have a carriage door installed.  I thought it might be a little crazy to have an old home with a modern garage door.  The actual door went up quickly but it took forever to get the finishes installed.  Overall, I am pretty happy with the finished product.  We still need to paint the actual garage structure but I think it looks a million times better and I feel pretty fancy parking in a garage.  Bring on the hail!

The new garage door

Oh and I got to get a new car!  I thought the garage excuse might be a ruse but it wasn't.  And I got the car of my dreams so everybody wins.
  

 

3 comments:

  1. it looks amazing...when do we get to see the dream car?!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cortney! I am way jealous of your new patio! Ashley - I will post a picture of my new car on here. I am now a legit Real Housewife.

    ReplyDelete