Saturday, December 15, 2012

Getting organized

Before Beckett arrived, I went on an organization kick.  If it didn't move, it was organized.  The nursery was obviously my main focus.  I thought that if I could get it organized exactly how I wanted, it would be a huge help once he was here.

Well, we are almost two months in and I am so thankful that I put so much time and effort into organizing Beckett's belongings.  Everything is still organized and it has made life much easier.

Here are some of the ways I organized, maybe you will get a few ideas that you can use in your home. (Side note:  I am painting two picture frames and then the nursery will be done.  I will hopefully post pictures next week.  Finally.)

Everything in the closet is either hanging or in fabric bins.  The hanging clothes are organized by size dividers.  The bins are all labeled with hanging tags that I made.  I even went as far as to make separate bins for each size category of clothing.  Is anyone else as excited about organization as I am?  Probably not.

IMG_2973
Even his dividers are preppy

IMG_2716
Fabric bins that hold all his stuff
IMG_2722
The hanging tags

His changing table was inspired by Pinterest.  I bought a tiered basket and put everything he could possibly need when being changed.  The bottom tier has diapers, hand sanitizer, changing pad covers, and diaper cream.  The middle tier has clothes because he likes to surprise by peeing while being changed.  Not really the type of surprise that I want, but I get it every couple of days.  Finally, the top tier has toys because he is much better behaved when he is distracted.

IMG_2725
Diaper change basket
My final nursery-related stroke of organizing genius was the medicine cabinet.  It may or may not have been Pinterest inspired as well.  I am obsessed with these Sterlite containers and have found hundreds of places to use them.  I organized all our medicine in six different categories and labeled them.

IMG_2728
The medicine cabinet
IMG_2730
A closer look
So that is a glimpse into my OCD.  It really has helped in the middle of the night when Beckett is screaming because he wants to eat.  Hopefully my next post will be the completed nursery.  I'm super proud of it and can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment