Sunday, December 30, 2012

Here we go again


It's about to be the start of a new year and what better way to start it than with another remodel.  That's right, folks.  We are doing another room remodel.

This time our energy will be focused on our laundry room.  We bought a new front-load washing machine and dryer as our anniversary gift to one another and we thought it was a little crazy to put them in our laundry room when it was in such desperate need of a facelift.

Every house has that one room where junk is stored and where you just can't bring yourself to face.  That is our laundry room.  It is bad.  Real bad.  It looks a lot like what the rest of our house looked like before we started systematically remodeling room by room.  It's an embarrassment and you can see it through the glass door in the kitchen, so it is also a constant eyesore.

That ends tomorrow.  We are putting down new flooring, retexturing, painting, fixing the trim, and changing out lights.  Our hope is to be done in a week.  We have to be done in a week.  We have an infant that loves to spit up and I do laundry at least every other day, so I don't know if we can make it longer than a week.

Here is a glance at some before pictures so you can get a feel for how bad it is.

IMG_3250
Old bifold doors and paneling 
IMG_3238
The old washer and dryer
IMG_3244
Awful threadbare carpet and trim
IMG_3248
Perhaps the worst light fixture ever

The good news is this that this room and one other stand in between me and my goal of finishing all our  remodels before I turn 30.  Then we get to paint the outside.  It never ends.

4 comments:

  1. From one homeowner to another, I hear you. The projects never end. My husband and I were just talking about bark dust, fertilizer and grass seed for our back yard yesterday and it's December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I do not even want to think about landscaping. We have definitely neglected the outside to work on the inside. I have a feeling we will be changing that soon.

      Delete
  2. that has got to be the sexiest light fixture ever !!!! it kind of looks like someone glued an old lantern to the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel's grandparents were surely very lovely people but their taste and my taste do not jive. I think I have undone everything they did to our house and perhaps had some choice words for them while doing it.

      Delete