Monday, January 14, 2013

Beckett's first Christmas

I am finally blogging about Christmas!  I would say I've been busy but I'm not sure what I've been doing.  Beckett is really good at making the day go by super fast and leaving me wondering what exactly I've accomplished.

We had such a relaxing Christmas.  My family came to town which means that there was no traveling involved.  Beckett and I decided to stay home and let Daniel go to his family's celebrations solo.  Beckett is one of eight grandchildren which means there are lots of germs to be shared.  We still had NICU on the brain and he hadn't had any shots yet so we decided to avoid anywhere that could get us sick.  We are still avoiding children since flu is so bad in our area.

Staying at home meant we spent most of the day in our pajamas, which is pretty much our new normal. One day I will get it together and start dressing like an adult again.

Our celebrations started with a steak and crab legs dinner and midnight mass.  Beckett was a pro.  He fell asleep before mass started and stayed asleep until it was over.

IMG_3131
Post-mass
IMG_3133
Beckett's super cute outfit (Which was size 6 months.  They boy is long.)
We slept in on Christmas Day thanks to my parents and sister.  It is so nice to know that we will get a few extra hours thanks to my family.  They are often very needed.  My mom made blueberry muffins and I made a breakfast casserole.  Then it was time to open gifts.

IMG_3145
All the presents
IMG_3146
So big in his Bumba
We all made out pretty well.  Beckett had no idea what was going on but he got lots of fun presents that will hopefully bring him hours of enjoyment preferably not while being held.  We are still having issues with him wanting to be held.  All.  The.  Time.  

IMG_3158
Some of Beckett's gifts.  Spoiled.
After lunch my mom started cooking and Daniel went over to his family's house.  This is what it looked like outside.

IMG_3162
Miserable.
IMG_3204
Beckett's first snow experience
I was definitely happy that we were staying inside.  I am all in for a white Christmas but I could have done without the 30 mph gusts.  However, we did take Beckett into our much less windy backyard for a photo op.

We had a late lunch and got to eat all our favorite things.  This lunch and the leftover that followed were my catalyst for Weight Watchers but it was worth every single calorie.

Then we had a post-dinner photo shoot.  The things you do when you have a baby.

IMG_3163
The Browns
IMG_3197
He loves a good photoshoot
IMG_3183
And his aunt Shannon
IMG_3179
I love this picture.  There is a funnier one but I thought I shouldn't post it.
I think Beckett had a pretty good first Christmas.  He may have had no idea what was going on but we have pictures to show him when he gets older.  We are so excited for next year when he can participate a little more.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me forever to get them up but I did make a point of taking lots since I am usually terrible about that.

      Delete
  2. Look at how much that kids loves me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does love you! And you are welcome for not posting the picture where you have crazy face.

      Delete