Tuesday, October 16, 2012

34 weeks

My husband had a rude awakening this week.  We went to Target after our doctor's appointment and I decided to go ahead and buy some newborn diapers so I could get my changing table organizer done.  He and my best friend's husband were having a diaper shower that next day and he could not figure out why I would buy diapers when they would be receiving some.  I bought a box of 96 and he honestly thought that this would be enough to last a month.  He had no idea that babies need to be changed around 10 times a day.  All I could say was bless your heart.  He has a lot to learn.


How far along: 34 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Around 23 pounds.  I am still measuring a week small which is crazy because I feel like a whale.   
Maternity clothes: I feel like I am running out of things to wear and there have been tears over this fact.
Stretch marks: I have contained the one I found last week and am spot treating it.
Sleep: I am tired all day and have to sleep with a heating pad most nights.
Best moment this week: We had another check up and the doctor said everything is looking good.  After our next appointment, we will be going every week which means we are getting close.  
Movement: He moves like crazy until someone wants to try and feel him move.  I feel like this is foreshadowing.
Food cravings: I just want sweets.  I have been craving this chocolate, caramel, pretzel creation that a friend made for a sorority meeting last week.  It was amazing.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: Just Braxton Hicks contractions.  I worked on Sunday and had a lot.
Belly in or out: It's still half in and half out.
Symptom of the week: Nesting.  I am an organizing machine.  The baby's closet is organized and labeled.  The medicine cabinet is organized and labeled.  I've been working on cleaning out kitchen cabinets and next up is the freezer.  I get so much joy out of purging.
What I miss: Being able to get dressed without a care in the world.  Everything is getting too tight.  
What I am looking forward to: I am taking a breastfeeding class on Saturday which will hopefully answer lots of my questions.
Weekly wisdom: When you have a burst of energy and the desire to do something, like go for a walk, just do it.  These bursts of energy don't last long and often require a nap to recover from.
Milestones: We took our baptism class, which means we are on our way to making this baby legit in our church.  It also means that I am taking care of business and crossing things off my to do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment