Monday, March 19, 2012

Things we're loving: March

The Hunger Games



I read these books last summer and I still cannot stop talking about them. If you are one of the four people left who has not read them, you must. They are such good books and I am SO excited for the movie. Did I buy my tickets for the midnight showing the day they went on sale? Yes I did. Is this the first movie I will ever be going to see at midnight? Yes it is. The books are not anything I thought I would like but if you are open-minded you will not be disappointed. My husband refuses to read the books because he says he doesn't want to ruin the movie. Don't be like him.

Downton Abbey



Why I am just now learning about the greatness that is Downton Abbey? I have heard people talking about this show for almost a year, but I just recently decided to buy the DVDs and decide for myself. I even bought the British version because I read that PBS edited the show for us simple Americans. I LOVE this show. I cannot get enough and am so sad that I am done with the second season. How am I going to wait until September to find out what happens to Lady Mary and Michael and Anna and Bates? The Dowager Countess is obviously my favorite. The scene with her in the swivel chair was amazing. You can watch the first season on Netflix and I am pretty sure you can watch the second season online at either PBS or ITV if you want to see the unedited version. This show makes me wish that we still dressed for dinner. Instead I wear pajamas. What would the DC say?

Photography



I am officially loving photography! I understand my camera so much better after my one-on-one class and I cannot stop taking pictures. I even bought my first prime non-kit lens! For those of you who are wondering (or care), I got a 50mm f/1.8 because it had amazing reviews. I feel like such a grown-up. I am planning on borrowing my nephew so I can practice my non-canine photography and may even have two jobs coming up. I am so happy to have found something that I love SO much. I can't wait to take tons of pictures in Spain and share them with all of you.

The Wanted



I loved *N Sync. I mean I loved them. I consider myself a legit Justin Timberlake fan because I was there for the cornrows. If you can love a man through cornrows, you deserve some sort of award. Anyway, after my long love affair with *N Sync, I thought I would never have room in my heart for another boy band. I am in my late 20s and you have to grow up at some time, right? Wrong. These sneaky Brits have weaseled their way into my heart. This is my favorite song of the moment and if you see me dancing in my car, I am mostly likely listening to this song. Listen and try not to dance. Impossible. And all I have to say is viva la boy band!

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey! I've watched the both seasons once, and then I went back to the beginning and started again. The Dowager Countess is one of my favorite TV characters ever!

    ReplyDelete