Saturday, March 10, 2012

Papa-paparazzi (#20)

I went to Lubbock last weekend to have some fun and more importantly take a photography class. I posted that I got a new camera for Christmas and I admit that I was super intimidated. I have never had a DSLR and my trusty point and shoot seemed so simple compared to my new camera. My husband was very thoughtful in buying me that camera and I wanted to get his money's worth.


My first fancy camera


That is when I found the wonderful Melanie Pittman. Melanie is a photographer in Lubbock and she teaches a one-on-one camera class that teaches you all about aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. The best part is that since the class is one-on-one, she uses your camera. I left the class feeling excited and not intimidated at all! I am so thankful that I took her class.

I am definitely still figuring things out, but my hope is that by the time we have kids, I will have this camera down. I want to be able to take photographer-quality compositions so I can really capture our lives. That brings me to the photo a day challenge.



I thought that doing the photo a day challenge would be the perfect way to practice my new skillz. It would push me to take pictures of things other than my dogs (don't judge) and really learn my camera. Here are my first 10 days of pictures:


Up - the light fixture in our living room


Fruit - the fruits (and a veg) in my morning smoothie


Your neighborhood - Overexposed but I like it


Bedside - the pretty mirror was my grandma's


A smile - Designer handbags put a smile on my face


5pm - This is around the time the dogs start begging for dinner


Something you wore - my engagement and wedding ring


Window - The windows on our garage (which is being replaced soon!)


Red - and black! The new t-shirt I designed and had custom made.


Loud - The very loud painting in our purple office
The next step in my photography adventure is to practice with Lightroom. I think editing pictures is half the battle and I am even more ready to learn now that I have a better idea of how to use my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment