Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My pregnancy so far + 11 weeks

We found out that I was pregnant very early on.  It's not so much a surprise when you've taken medication and given yourself a shot to ovulate.  I thought I was pregnant but Daniel told me I was crazy. Then I refused to take a pregnancy test because ignorance really was bliss.  I got a positive and immediately called our doctor angel, Dr. Reshef.  His nurse ordered labs which confirmed that I was pregnant.  I did have to be put on progesterone because my levels didn't increase like they wanted.  If you have a history of miscarriages, it might be something to try if you haven't.  The pharmacy I got my medication from called it the hottest ticket in town.

We then had our first of two sonograms.  The first was at 6 weeks.  We saw the little speck of nothing and got to hear the heartbeat, which was crazy.  I cried, Daniel cried, we all cried.  It is the craziest feeling to know that there is something in your gut with a heartbeat.  We had another sonogram at almost 9 weeks.  The baby looked perfect and more like a baby.  The heartbeat was 183 and it was nice to have some reassurance before we went on vacation.

That has really been it so far.  We have another appointment coming up and are looking forward to seeing how the baby has changed.  I am also bursting at the seams to shop.  I am feening to begin making lists and start another remodel, which is funny because my daily devotional book has really been focusing on teaching me that I do not have to be in control and constantly making lists.  I am not even kidding.

Now onto what is happening now.  What better way to chronicle all the ups and downs of pregnancy than through my blog?  I found this questionnaire on another blog and thought it was a great way to organize all my thoughts.  On a side note, I really hate doing the solo picture thing.  I also meant to post this yesterday but it got late and I was tired.


How far along?  11 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss?  I have no idea.  I'm sure that I've gained but I can still button all my pants, so I think that is a good sign.  I was working out 6 days a week before I got pregnant and watching what I ate, so I am letting myself enjoy food for a while.

Maternity clothes?  Negative.  Getting dressed can be an ordeal though.

Stretch marks? Not any new ones.  Whomp whomp.  I have invested in a cream and an oil and have been applying them regularly.

Sleep?  I would love to sleep all day every day.  At the beginning of the week I was waking up early and going to bed early but I have regained my ability to sleep until 10.  I do toss and turn all night and worry about sleeping flat on my back.

Best moment last week? Committing to changing my OB.  I had a lengthy history with my former OB/Gyn that included a missed 18cm cyst (maybe that's why I couldn't get pregnant?).  I went back and forth but finally decided to go to a new doctor and I have been much more at peace since making the decision.

Movement?  Nothing yet.

Food cravings?  Meat makes me want to gag.  I am obsessed with chocolate milkshakes.  Have you tried Sonic's?  They are so off the chain that the only way to describe them is off the chain.  I also am really into side dishes like macaroni and mashed potatoes.  I am a bag of Cheetos away from having the next Britney Spears.

Gender?  It's too early but I will be looking into all the old wives' tales soon to see if there is a pattern.

Labor signs? None.

Belly button in/out? In.

What I miss: Having energy.  I am done for the day by 6pm and I feel really guilty about not making dinner.  It's hard to plan dinner when nothing sounds good except for milkshakes.  I would have also loved a margarita in honor of Cinco de Mayo.

What I am looking forward to: My next doctor's appointment on the 22nd.  

Milestones: We finally spilled the beans!  It wasn't so much a secret in our small town (or my dad's office) but it is nice to have it out in the open.


No comments:

Post a Comment