Tuesday, May 29, 2012

14 weeks

I am still cruising along.  I still feel like I am in limbo until we find out the baby's sex.  I did finally decide on a crib.  I have realized that people have lots of advice about everything baby-related.  We decided on a traditional, gender-neutral white iron crib.  I fell in love with a wood Jenny Lind crib but after being told by multiple people that children like to chew on their cribs, I decided that wood was out.  I don't want to spend money on something that will be ruined and you can't really chew on iron (if you would like to keep all of your teeth).

]

How far along: 14 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Gain all the way!  I haven't weighed myself but I had to purchase belly bands to help my pants situation.
Maternity clothes:  I have worn a few maternity items but more for comfort than necessity.  I am still wearing all my old clothes for the most part.
Stretch marks: None but I am taking precautions.
Sleep: I am sleeping but I have had some pretty crazy nightmares.
Best moment this week: Getting to spend some time with our family and friends.
Movement: I thought I felt something this morning, but I now think that I may be crazy,
Food cravings: The usual although a lobster roll sounds amazing.
Gender: We are still patiently waiting.
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
What I miss: I miss being able to eat what I want.  I mean, I pretty much eat what I am hungry for but sometimes all a girl wants is a turkey sandwich or some goat cheese and people scare you about eating these things.
What I am looking forward to: Going to Houston and shopping for baby stuff.
Weekly wisdom: People who tell you that you get all this energy in your second trimester and feel better than you ever have are, quite frankly, full of shit.  I am still tired and desperately seeking this illusive energy.
Milestones: I am officially well into my second trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment