Thursday, May 10, 2012

The newest member of the family

I've been talking about my love of list making a lot recently.  This obsession also extends to wish lists.  I have a home wish list, a gift wish list, a list of ideas of gifts for different people, and so on.  One item that has been on my home wish list since we got married is a Dyson vacuum.

There are certain home items that people feel like they have to have but often wonder does the price justify the value.  The perfect example is a Kitchenaid mixer.  What girl doesn't dream of owning one of these bad boys?  They are super fancy and their price reflects it, so you have to wonder are if they worth it.  The answer to the Kitchenaid debate is a resounding yes.  I love mine.  It makes cooking and baking a hundred times easier.  You can walk away from your mixing and carry out other tasks.  They are a dream.

The Dyson vacuum cleaner also falls into this category.  They are totally the Rolls Royce of the vacuum world and I have always wanted one, but I didn't know if I could justify the price.  It's crazy that I can spend four figures on a handbag without even blinking an eye but mid-three figures on a vacuum is a serious moral dilemma.  Priorities.

My husband racks up a lot of points on his credit card at work which comes in quite handy.  We had been talking a lot of about finally getting a new vacuum because ours was a piece.  He traded in some points for two Target gift cards, but I still couldn't commit.  Then I decided to just take a gander and figure out what we wanted.  Lo and behold, Target had all their Dysons for 20% off.  Talk about signs from above.  We had enough in gift cards to get the DC41 Animal so I bought it and the waiting game began.

My new vacuum arrived today and I am a believer.  Everything you hear and read about them is true!  We decided to vacuum a sisal rug first, which I thought was a poor decision because how much can a sisal rug seriously hold onto.  The answer?  A canister full of dirt and pet hair.  I was so ashamed.  I thought I was living in a palace of clean, but dirt has been hiding everywhere.

Brown family MVP 2012
I have vacuumed everything I can get my hands on.  I would have vacuumed our dogs, but we didn't get the pet attachment.  I am in shock (and still very embarrassed) by how much this modern miracle sucks up.

The moral of this story is if you are debating whether or not to splurge on a Dyson, do it.  They are worth saving for.  I see the light and will never go back.  Who knew getting a new vacuum could be so exciting?



1 comment:

  1. I had this same dilemma two months ago, lol. I instead yet AGAIN couldn't bite the bullet and bought the new EUREKA instead that they compared to the DC 41. [Its how my great gma used to spell my name HA so I've always been fond of the brand] So far I like the Eureka but yet I still long for the big D! And amazingly enough my husband was saying get the D!

    ReplyDelete