Monday, August 13, 2012

100 days

As of today, we are 100 days away from my due date. Three months and some change. Talk about a reality check especially when my fingers are crossed that he comes a week or so early.

We met with our contractor and the demo for the nursery should start in a week. We gave him a deadline of September 5th but sometimes those things change. We are going to Houston that week and it would be nice to come home to a finished room. Plus, we are already accumulating stuff and it needs a home.

I think I started nesting the day I found out I was pregnant. If it doesn't move, it will be cleaned and organized. I am currently focused on the office and the back porch is on deck. I probably have ten pounds of shredding to do but it feels so good. I hate crap and we have a lot of crap that needs to given notice.

I feel like we are making our way towards being ready but I am just starting to wrap my head around childbirth and then having to keep a small person alive. It's a lot of responsibility. I think we're up for the job but sometimes I wonder what we were thinking. All I know is that our birth plan reads as follows, "Drugs. Lots of drugs."



No comments:

Post a Comment