Tuesday, August 14, 2012

25 weeks

I have to applaud women who work full-time while pregnant, especially those who are on their feet all day.  I worked two shifts this week and we were super busy.  My legs got swollen and all I wanted to do was sleep.  It's hard work.  I also felt like I was unable to get anything done and trust me when I say, I have lots to get done.  I am so thankful that I am able to work PRN and even more thankful now that I am pregnant.


How far along: 25 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I try to wait until doctor's appointments to get weighed.  
Maternity clothes:  I have fewer and fewer pre-pregnacy clothes that fit, but I am trying not to buy any more maternity clothes.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I am starting to get very sleepy again and have started taking naps.
Best moment this week: We got to see the fabrics for the nursery and what the design of the bedding will look like.  I also started shopping for accessories.
Movement: All the time.
Food cravings: Chicken Express.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
Symptom of the week: Nasal congestion.  I usually feel like I have a cold in the morning but it goes away gradually.  I constantly have to blow my nose which means bloody noses are back.
What I miss: Soft cheeses.  The Pioneer Woman made a delicious looking salad using blue cheese that I have bookmarked for November and I would give anything for a piece of bread with warm goat cheese.  I really love cheese, if you couldn't tell.
What I am looking forward to: We have a doctor's appointment this week and I think I am about to start going more frequently.  I have to do the glucose test, which I am not looking forward to but at least I will be getting it over with.
Weekly wisdom: Try to talk time to slow down every once in a while.  I try to have at least one day a week where I don't obsess over my to-do lists because they can be never-ending.
Milestones: You can now see my stomach move when the baby kicks, which is super creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment