Wednesday, August 15, 2012

30 before 30 update (#3)

I thought it was time for a 30 before 30 update since I only have two more years to take care of business.  

As of today, I was officially able to cross one more thing off my list.  I completed my bachelor's degree program and now have my BSRT.  When I started my BSRT, I had no idea how much my life would change.  I mean, I'm not even working full-time at this point.  However, I am glad I stuck with it and completed the degree program. Now we'll see if I can muster the strength to pursue becoming a Physician Assistant.


In November I will be able to cross list item #1 off the list.  I have been documenting my progress weekly and we are so excited for our family to grow.  That excitement may come from ignorance, but it will be interesting to say the least.



Before my 29th birthday I plan on crossing some more items off the list.  They include: making tortillas, finishing up my goal to read 30 books (I am so close), making a gourmet meal (I have all the tools, I just need to do it), finishing up all our remodeling projects (the back porch and an exterior rejuvenation are all that stand in my way), and learning how to make some cocktails (to celebrate the end of my baby-enforced sobriety).  

So that is where I stand with the list.  I better get on it because 30 is knocking at my door.

30 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 30

1. Expand our family
2. Go to Greece
3. Get my bachelor's degree in Resipratory Therapy
4. Take golf lessons
5. Learn how to make homemade tortillas
6. Read 30 books
7. Go to New York at Christmas
8. Learn how to knit
9. Drive Highway 1 along California's coast
10. Brush up on my spanish
11. Make a gourmet meal
12. Run a half marathon
13. Take things a little less seriously
14. Learn how to sew well enough to fix loose buttons and broken seams
15. Find a recipe for the perfect pizza crust
16. Go on a picnic
17. Finish remodeling the house
18. Ride in a hot air balloon
19. Go antiquing
20. Learn how to use a DSLR camera
21. Volunteer
22. Go to ACL or some other music festival
23. Go camping for reals, like in a tent
24. Plant a vegetable garden and grow things
25. Take surfing lessons
26. Learn Photoshop/Lightroom
27. Make something that I pinned on Pinterest
28. Learn how to make a couple different cocktails
29. Trace my family's roots
30. Get scuba certified

9 comments:

  1. I can help with one of those things. I can teach you to knit! I just learned myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may take you up on that! I just want to be able to knit like a scarf or something like that. Nothing too crazy.

      Delete
    2. I do the ruffle scarfs and they are super easy and really pretty!

      Delete
  2. So very proud of you...congratulations on sticking with school and finishing your BSRT! We will celebrate with a scrumptous dinner at Maggiano's when you and Daniel are in Houston in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing better on your list than I am on mine, and I've only got 2.5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to point out that I helped you cross one of your goals off your list. You better get busy.

      Delete
  4. Yay for you!!! We should've gotten a shake, cookie or something to celebrate yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting out of town and shopping was celebration enough! I had fun!

      Delete