Tuesday, August 21, 2012

26 weeks

I question pretty much everything the Kardashians do or say and that rang true with Kourtney's hair choices while pregnant.  It seemed like as she got bigger, so did her hair.  Towards the end she started doing this thing where she would comb it straight up and then back, almost like a mane.  I could not figure out what she was smoking, but now I think I do.  I have started to feel like as I get bigger, my head looks smaller.  I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like my body is really out of proportion.  The bigger I get, the bigger my hair needs to be to offset the craziness so do not be surprised if all of a sudden I begin rocking a bouffant.  I do live in Texas and I need balance when it comes to my proportion issues.    


How far along: 26 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:   I have gained around 15 pounds.  I am measuring a week small per my doctor although the above picture makes me question how much weight I have gained in my face.
Maternity clothes:  I am really enjoying maternity pants with the stretchy panel that goes over your stomach.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I am sleeping but I usually wake up with either my neck or back hurting.  I cannot figure out how to sleep comfortably.
Best moment this week: Going to doctor and finding out that we are on track and starting to go more often.
Movement: All the time.
Food cravings: Back to soft pretzels.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In but we are getting real close to having an outie on our hands.  Side note, that would be the button tab of my jeans in the above picture, not a belly button.
Symptom of the week: I have experienced this for a while, but I will go ahead and put it out there.  Lactation.  That is all I have to say about it.
What I miss: It has become a challenge to maneuver with this sweet little gut.  Hospital rooms are small and it is hard to get in and out without knocking things over.  
What I am looking forward to: Going to Houston in a couple weeks.  It's the last time we will be able to go there for a while so I plan on enjoying my time there.  
Weekly wisdom: Save all of your oversized t-shirts, ladies.  I had lots of t-shirts from college that I got rid of because they were too big and I am now regretting that decision.
Milestones: We are now going to the doctor every 3 weeks and I passed my glucose test.

No comments:

Post a Comment