Wednesday, August 1, 2012

barcelona: day 2 (part 2)

One day I will finish blogging about our trip to Spain.  I promise.

I think we would both agree that the best thing we did in Barcelona was the motorcycle tour.  I found out about BrightSide side car tours on TripAdvisor.  If you travel and don't use TripAdvisor, you are nuts.  This website has changed the way I plan trips and we have stumbled upon tons of tours thanks to it.

The whole premise is you spend half a day to a whole day driving around Barcelona with a driver but you are on a motorcycle, or in my case, in the side car.  Daniel thought I should be on the back of the motorcycle but seeing as I was ten weeks pregnant and the roads in Barcelona are super steep, I thought this probably wouldn't be signed off on by any doctor.

Our ride.  You get a lot of attention in one of these bad boys.

We scheduled our tour for the beginning of our trip because we thought it would be a good way to see the city and decide if there was anywhere we wanted to go back to.

Let me tell you, we saw the whole city of Barcelona.  It was such a different way to see the city and our driver was amazing.  He answered all our questions and had lots of suggestions.  He suggested we both bring jackets which was the best decision ever.  I've said it before but Spain is cold in April.

Here are some of the pictures I took on the tour.  Be prepared because there are lots.

An interesting sculpture by the beach
And another
The beach
Santa Maria del Mar
El Born district
La Sagrada Familia from El Born
A cafe in El Born
Can you spot Barcelona Jack?

Crazy architecture
Waiting on an ambulance on a teeny tiny street
Riding dirty
Arc de Triomf
One of the only parks in the whole city
Casa Battlo, one of the most famous buildings in Barcelona
Not by Gaudi but more unique architecture
Casa Mila, also by Gaudi
Casa Vicens by guess who?  Gaudi.
Park Guell, which features lots of Gaudi's architecture
Houses at the entrance of the park
It was a hot spot
The city from the park
Lots of mosaics
Gaudi House Museum
Montjuic
The city from Montjuic
Olympic Park
The port of Barcelona



No comments:

Post a Comment