Tuesday, August 28, 2012

27 weeks

We are officially entering the third trimester.  My husband thinks I am crazy because I keep saying how everything is moving so quickly and slowly at the same time but that is how it feels.  We officially have movement on the nursery in the form of demo.  I am beyond ready to be done with that mess.  We have received lots of clothes from my sister-in-law and it is driving me crazy that they have no home.  My hope is to be done and organized before my shower here in town.  I'm sure my parents would enjoy having a bed that isn't surrounded by boxes and baby toys.


How far along: 27 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Somewhere between 15 and 20 pounds.  
Maternity clothes:  Mostly maternity with a dash of pre-pregnancy clothes.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I've started waking up a lot during the night but never because of the baby.
Best moment this week: Nursery progress!  The fabric for the crib bedding is being cut and made.  We picked out a bookshelf, glider, and closet organizer.  Demo has started.  
Movement: Lots especially at night.
Food cravings: I like sweets a lot.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: Getting closer and closer to out.  It's pretty much flat.
Symptom of the week: Backaches.  I cannot sit or stand for extended periods of time due to these backaches.  They are mainly in my lower back and are not fun.  
What I am looking forward to: Daniel's birthday and Houston (not the driving part, though).
Weekly wisdom: I'm beginning to realize that it is absolutely normal to be petrified about taking care of a baby and that you will never have all the answers.  
Milestones: Adios second trimester, hello home stretch.


3 comments:

  1. glad the nursery it on its way! Thats exciting. When do you leave for Houston?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We leave on Wednesday. We have a sonogram and doctor's appointment before we leave with is exciting. Are you guys done with your nursery?

      Delete
  2. I hope your appt and Sono go good! I have an appt this week too (no sono). I hope you have a wonderful time in Houston! Give Aunt Barb and Uncle Tim a hug from us!
    Still working on the nursery. Got caught up in baby shower stuff so I have not finished yet. Hopefully right after the shower I can!

    ReplyDelete