Tuesday, June 5, 2012

15 weeks

I am in Houston for the week, so I have no picture to post yet.  However, I do have an observation about being pregnant.  People want to scare the shit out of you.  If I hear one more story about an epidural that didn't work or how painful labor is, I am going to explode.  Being pregnant is scary.  Thinking about actually having a baby is even scarier.  I personally don't need every other person telling me that I should be even more scared than I already am.  It's like when you get married and people ask why would ever want to do that.  I have to have this baby one way or another and I would like to keep up the illusion that it will be a cake walk for as long as possible.

How far along: 15 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I am probably still gaining, but who likes to weigh themselves?  Ignorance is bliss.
Maternity clothes:  Still mostly in non-maternity clothes.  I am rocking the belly band with my jeans though.
Stretch marks: I thought I saw one but it was a hallucination.
Sleep: My pre-pregnancy sleep routine is back on track.
Best moment this week: Getting to come to Houston and relax.  We went to a baby store I picked out a stroller and a car seat.  I feel pretty good about having made two big decisions.
Movement: None but I really don't think I know what I am going to feel so I could be oblivious.
Food cravings: Ice cream, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese.
Gender: We thought we were going to find out on Saturday, but it was too early to tell.
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
What I miss: Being able to shop for cute, regular-sized clothes.  Not that I would be rocking a crop top but I miss seeing small size numbers.
What I am looking forward to: Our next doctor's appointment and making it to the half-way point.
Weekly wisdom: Just like when you get married, people want tell you scary pregnancy stories.  Tell them to pipe down.
Milestones: The baby gave us the finger during our ultrasound which means it already as my personality.  And by that, I mean it is absolutely charming and full of spunk.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, everyone has advice and stories for you. Thats never going to end. What I did was just listen (some of it was good advice) but I took a little bit from everyone and found what worked for us. No 2 pregnancies/kids will be the same.

    If you want to hear a good story of an epi let me know. I loved mine and will be getting one again this time.
    If you ever want to talk you can get my number from Grandma.

    ReplyDelete