Tuesday, June 12, 2012

16 weeks


I am back in the Panhandle.  I had so much fun city living for a week in Houston, but it is nice to be home.  We are continuing the process of cleaning out our guest rooms so we can start our next remodel.  Hopefully we will begin working on the nursery next month.  I am officially OCD about cleaning.  I spent 10 minutes trying to get hair out of the drain before I realized I could unscrew the drain cover.  I was not leaving the bathroom until that was clean.  I have cleaned things I didn't even know could or should be cleaned.


How far along: 16 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I should get weighed at my doctor's appointment next week.
Maternity clothes:  Mixing pre-pregnancy and maternity clothes.  I have started packing up the clothes I can no longer fit in to clear room in my closet.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I bought a Snoogle which has helped my back and hips which have been super sore.
Best moment this week: Seeing my friend Ashley and meeting her boyfriend.  I love friends who you can go forever without seeing but when you see each other, it's like no time has passed.
Movement: I thought I may have felt something on Sunday, but I haven't felt anything since then.  
Food cravings: I still love side dishes and still hate large portions of meat.  I have definitely been having stronger reactions to foods that I don't like.
Gender: We should know next week but we aren't sure when we are going to share that news.
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
Symptom of the week: Bloody noses.  I have been getting bloody noses since I got pregnant but they are becoming more regular and usually occur in the morning.  It adds some excitement to my morning routine.
What I miss: Patio time.  
What I am looking forward to: Our next doctor's appointment and my birthday.
Weekly wisdom: Everyone's pregnancy is different and you shouldn't obsess about what milestones you have or haven't gotten too yet.
Milestones: You can officially tell I am pregnant even when I wear t-shirts which is new.  


4 comments:

  1. Your weekly wisdom I think is the hardest to learn when you're pregnant. I obsessed over not showing sooner, really?!! Next time I could care less lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a hard lesson! I still haven't really felt any movement (that I am aware of) and it stresses me out. So I just keep repeating that every pregnancy is different and eventually I'll be getting kicked in the ribs and complaining about it.

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful and that little bump is so cute! These weekly updates are a highlight of my week :)
    -love, your sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a thank you! I haven't turned into J Simpson and for that I am grateful.

      Delete