Tuesday, June 19, 2012

17 weeks

We find out in two days if Baby Brown is a he or a she!  I am so excited and more than ready to begin shopping.  I have bought a few books for the baby but that is really it so far.  I definitely think reality will begin to sink even more once we know the gender and finalize the name.  I am not one of those people who feels like I have to meet the baby before I choose a name.  Now we just have to decide when we want to share the baby's sex with everyone.  If my mom has her way, it will be sooner rather than later.


How far along: 17 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I should get weighed at my doctor's appointment on Thursday.
Maternity clothes:  I can no longer zip my jeans but I can still make them work with a belly band.  I call that a victory.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I wake up.  A lot.
Best moment this week: Finding out that my best friend is having a BOY!  We are so excited for her!
Movement: I think I've felt the baby move but I usually assume it's gas.  Attractive, right?  Subtlety has never been my forte.  
Food cravings: Green bean casserole, milk duds, ice cream, and pretty much anything along those lines.  I did order lobster rolls which should be delivered some time next week.
Gender: We should find out on Thursday.  Pray that the baby cooperates because I will have a breakdown if he/she does not.
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
Symptom of the week: Acne.  I haven't broken out like this since I was living with my parents.  There is nothing I can do and it doesn't go away.  Why wasn't Zach's acne cream successful at anything other than turning your face maroon?
What I miss: Having energy.
What I am looking forward to: My parents coming for the Fourth and my birthday.
Weekly wisdom: I think last week's wisdom still applies to me this week.  Everyone's pregnancy is different and you shouldn't obsess about what milestones you have or haven't gotten too yet.
Milestones: This is not pregnancy related, but I only have one more class and I will be done with my bachelors in respiratory. 




3 comments:

  1. Your sister wants to know too! Everyone is ready to start shopping for this peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying you have to let everyone know the gender...just me! ;)

    ReplyDelete