Tuesday, June 26, 2012

18 weeks

So this week finally found out that Baby Brown is in fact a baby boy.  Who would have guessed?  I was pretty sure that we were having a girl and just about everyone else I know was too.  The Brown male gene is apparently very strong.  Baby Brown will be my in-laws eighth grandchild and seventh grandson.  I also got some more good news at the sonogram.  I have not been feeling a ton of fetal movement and I was starting to get a little panicked.  I didn't want to make a big deal about it but I was literally a hot mess before the sonogram.  I thought something was wrong and that's why I wasn't feeling anything.  Good news, nothing was wrong!  Not bad news but not great news, I have an anterior placenta, which means the placenta is in front of the baby.  This is why I haven't been feeling much.  Hopefully the placenta will move and I will start to feel more but it's not necessarily a bad thing if it doesn't move.  I may have to have a C-section if it begins to block the birth canal (placenta previa) but we will cross that bridge when we get there.


How far along: 18 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  I have gained 8 pounds so far and I can't believe that I am honestly sharing that.
Maternity clothes:  Still a solid mix.  We are going to Lubbock with some of our favorite friends this weekend and I will be buying some bigger t-shirts.  God as my witness, my stomach will never hang out from under a T-shirt.  It ain't right.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I am tired all the time.  Again.  But I can no longer nap like I was during my first trimester.
Best moment this week: Finding out that that we are having a BOY!  And that everything looks on track.
Movement: A little but I still have a hard time telling what's what.
Food cravings: Anything and everything sounds good.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In.
Symptom of the week: Forgetfulness.  If I don't write it down, it won't get done.  I can do something and then five minutes later forget that I already did it.  My short-term memory is done.
What I miss: Chimy's.  It will be weird to be in Lubbock and not firmly planted at my favorite bar.  Don't get me wrong, we will still go but it won't be the same.
What I am looking forward to: Lubbock.  It will be nice to get out of town.
Weekly wisdom: Don't let negative people bring you down.  This is an exciting time and there are some people who just have sour attitudes.  It's easiest to ignore those people.
Milestones: Finding out the baby's gender.  We also got some 3D pictures of his face which was exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment