Tuesday, July 10, 2012

20 weeks

I am officially past the halfway mark!  There are days when it seems like November is right around the corner and other days when it seems like it could not be farther away.  We had a busy week with a friend's birthday celebration, the 4th of July, my parents coming to town, and my birthday.  We are going on our last vacation (for a while/without a kid) this week but things should be slowing down when we get back.  My next project is to get the nursery situation figured out.  We are adding linen closets next week which means the nursery is the next step.  Please pray that this project goes smoothly and does not end with me in tears.


How far along: 20 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  8 pounds or more
Maternity clothes:  I am still able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothes but they fit a little different these days.
Stretch marks: None.
Sleep: I am sleeping but I am super thankful for my Snoogle.  I keep waking up on my back and Googling makes that seem super scary.
Best moment this week: My parents were in town for the weekend.  We did yard work, spent time together, laughed a lot, and celebrated my birthday.  I wish they lived closer to us.  Baby Brown is so lucky to have them in his life.
Movement: I am definitely starting to feel more.  Daniel felt him move which was super exciting.
Food cravings: Anything.  Everything.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: In but I think I may have an outie sooner rather than later.
Symptom of the week: Headaches. I never had headaches before getting pregnant and now I get them almost everyday.  If I squint, I get a headache.  Sometimes reading gives me headaches.  It is crazy how everything changes being pregnant.
What I miss: Nothing really.
What I am looking forward to: Baby. Moon.  Hello, Savannah.
Weekly wisdom: No matter what crazy things are happening to your body, you are not alone.  Someone else has experienced it and there is an end in sight.
Milestones: I am officially half way and Daniel finally felt the baby kick!  We also picked out a name and ordered a baby book so there is no turning back.  The crib is also on it's way.  It's been a big week.  



Here is the first half of my pregnancy in pictures (at least from when we started taking pictures).  I'm not sure what happened week 17 and skipped week 15, but it is fun to see how I have grown.



2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Half way is a huge milestone. It will be November before we know it. I cant wait to hear his name and see what you decided on the nursery! Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We had a great vacation and it was definitely nice to get a break, but I am a little overwhelmed by all the things we need to get done. It is starting to feel like November is right around the corner. I hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete