Friday, July 6, 2012

Let the good times roll

I love lobster rolls.  My sister, mom, and I took a girls trip to Boston two years ago and I fell in love with these delicious little creations.  The best one we had on the trip was at Neptune's Oyster.  It is a super tiny restaurant in the North End with a bar and a couple tables.  The lobster roll was served with  french fries and dripping with butter.  How can that not be good?

I pretty much always want a lobster roll but this has been amplified since being pregnant.  I recently discovered that one of the sale websites that I get emails from offers food, including lobster rolls.  I debated whether or not I thought they would be worth the money, but I decided to give it a shot.

My rolls arrived fresh from Maine about a week after I ordered them.  The meat was almost all claw meat, which is amazing.  I made Daniel go with me to McDonalds to get french fries because I didn't have the patience to make any myself.  I even got an extra order of large fries for free.  Best day ever?  I think so.

The lobster rolls were worth every penny.  Seriously delish.  I told some friends that it was the best thing I have eaten in a very long time.  All I added was seasoned salt and I was in business.  My craving was definitely satisfied but I am sure it won't be long before I have to order more.

Heaven on a plate


No comments:

Post a Comment