Friday, July 27, 2012

Done and done

The first phase of our current remodel is officially done!  The hallway is complete and we are very pleased with the results.  I realize it sounds a little crazy to say you remodeled a hallway but we did.  Old houses mean you have to remodel everything.

We raised the ceilings, changed out the crown molding and baseboards, put in wood floor, painted, and most importantly added more storage.  Baby Brown isn't even here yet and I am beginning to realize how much stuff children come with.

The nice part about this remodel is that it was cheap.  We already had the paint and flooring.  I got the cabinet hardware on sale.  The biggest costs were the cabinets and, of course, labor.

The new hallway 

Another room with green paint and moldings to match the rest of the house

Storage!


New cabinet hardware (that I got on sale, thank you)

The nursery is the next step.  We will start moving furniture around so we can empty out that room and then it's go time.  The crib should be here next week and we will hopefully have an official color palette as well (and maybe some fabric for bedding).  I think I have said it a million times, but I am ready to be done and take a break before things really get crazy.




1 comment:

  1. It looks great...can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete