Sunday, July 8, 2012

so long twenty-seven

Today I celebrated my day of birth.  My parents came to visit which was the best birthday gift I could have asked for.  They helped landscape our front yard (because I have a thumb that is nowhere close to green) and removed a gigantic stump from our back yard (I took pictures of both events for future blogs).  We also hung out and spent some quality time together.   I swear I am not a slave driver.

All in all, it was a good birthday.  I got to watch Wimbledon, which is one of my favorite sporting events of the year.  An Andy Murray victory would have been great but it wasn't in the cards.  We ate lunch with friends and family and then had to say good-bye to my parents.  The good news is we have a layover in Houston next week, so we get to see them again.  Then I started a baby registry and was very thankful that my sister-in-law went to help.  She had tons of great advice.

Most importantly, Daniel finally felt the baby kick (he has been moving a ton today) and we picked a name!  We had a first name picked out already but we chose a middle name and made it official.  Things are definitely starting to feel more real.

I am hopeful that my twenty-eighth year will be my best yet.  Looking back, 27 was pretty good to me. We went to Miami, New York, and Spain, celebrated three years of marriage, I discovered that I love cooking classes, met Miles Austin, spent lots of time with family and friends, tried lots of new things, developed a love for photography, and were blessed with a baby.  I am looking forward to this next year and can't wait to see what happens even if it means I am getting closer and closer to 30.
 
The only person missing was my sister

My husband gets me

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be your best year yet...with many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I was missing being with you guys yesterday but I'm glad you had a good bday. I'm certainly thankful for your life! And I agree with mom, I think this will be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete