Monday, July 9, 2012

Nursery problems

I thought we were having a girl.  Girl nurseries are easy.  90% of everything you see is for girls, so there are so many options out there and the possibilities seem endless.

Boys nurseries are hard.  Everyone wants to push you into a theme when you are having a boy.  I don't want a nursery that looks like a jungle or a football field.  I don't think white is practical and that is another common option.

I am having a really hard time figuring out what I want.  I like bright colors, but our home is traditional and I like the flow we have.  Thankfully, I have a professional interior designer in my life who will hopefully put me on the right track.

We do have a crib so that is a starting point.  We also have Pinterest.  Here are some of the ideas I am currently tossing around.

Source
Gray and green (or gray and any color)

Source
Calming colors

Source
I love navy and lime

Source
This is super sweet but probably not practical

Source
Beadboard is my fave


Green houndstooth

Source
Loving alphabet walls

Source
Blue and red

If anyone has any great ideas, please let me know.  I am totally open to suggestions.  The crib is white and I like traditional.  Those are my only requirements.  I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I will have an epiphany and everything will come together.  Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment