Tuesday, September 11, 2012

29 weeks

Well we pretty much have something to do every weekend until the baby comes.  Not quite, but I think our next free weekend is not until November.  I am hoping that I get some time to relax and finish up baby projects.  This weekend we are organizing the utility closet on the back porch and I am not going to lie, I am super excited.  I love organization.  Next week we are going to start organizing the baby's closet and sorting through all the fun things he has received so far.  We have also made a ton of progress on the nursery.  There is carpet and a few pieces of furniture and even some accessories.  It feels good.


How far along: 29 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Almost 20 pounds and apparently 3 pounds and 1 ounce of that is baby.  
Maternity clothes:  Mixing it up.
Stretch marks: I am thankful to report that I still have none.
Sleep: Last night I experienced my first bout of insomnia.  I woke up around 4 and could not go back to sleep.  I was not a fan.
Best moment this week: There were lots of best moments this week.  We had a doctor's appointment and sonogram.  The baby is measuring a little big and I am still measuring small.  He has lots of hair and is practicing breathing.  We also went to Houston for a shower there.  I am so blessed by amazing friends and family!  Baby Brown got lots of clothes, a stroller, a playmat, swaddle blankets and lots of other fun things.  Daniel also had a birthday which we celebrated multiple times.     
Movement: Constant.
Food cravings: Entemann's coffe cake.  I could not find any in the northeast Houston area.  Boo!
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: It's a halfsie.  Part innie/part outie.  
Symptom of the week: Bloody noses (again).  I told my doctor about my recent bout with bloody noses and apparently I have a severe inflammation of my right nare.  He told me I may have to go to an ENT.  At least I've met my deductible for the year.
What I miss: Being comfortable.  We spent almost 24 hours in the car driving to Houston.  I am still hurting.
What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery and possibly getting a chance to relax.
Weekly wisdom: Babies will move like crazy until someone, like a grandparent, wants to feel him move and then nothing.  I feel like this may be foreshadowing.  
Milestones: The baby is growing so fast!  Getting to see him again was very exciting and we will get to see him one more time before he makes his official debut.  I also had my first baby shower which was lots of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment