Thursday, September 13, 2012

Barcelona a Madrid

We travelled from Barcelona to Madrid by train.  It probably would have been cheaper to fly, but Daniel loves a train.  We took the AVE which takes about three hours.  Apparently no one speaks English at the Sants train station which made finding where we needed to go very interesting.  Thankfully we got there early because I think we tried to go through every security point we could.  

Once we actually found the train, it was pretty easy.  The car was super nice and the food was actually really good.  We also got to watch the first twenty minutes of Tangled in Spanish about fifteen times, which was exciting.

Our train car
The Biebs
I'm happy because I was ignorant of how cold I would soon be
When we got to Madrid, we took a cab to our hotel.  Let me be honest, I did not like Madrid as much as Barcelona.  Maybe it was because being pregnant was catching up with me or that it was incredibly cold.  Our hotel was pretty centrally located but it seemed like we had to walk miles to get anywhere and I was not so impressed by the restaurant selection.

Our room
It was very much open concept
The sitting area
A cute garden
Our view

I think I may actually wrap up the Spain blogs very soon.  Madrid was cold and I was tired so we didn't do as much as we probably should have.  We may have to go back so I can give Madrid a chance to redeem itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment