Friday, September 21, 2012

fill in the blank friday

It's Friday and there are blanks thanks to the little things we do.  Today is a day full of getting things done.  I think I may say that every day though.  We are going to the big city to run lots and lots of errands.  I need to get lining for drapes for the nursery, find a cream crib sheet, look for some nursery accessories, and of course go to Target.  This nursery has consumed my life, but the good news is we are slowly but surely finishing up.   


1.  Something I am very proud of is     our home.  We have put a lot of time, effort, and money into this house.  It was a hot mess when Daniel moved in and still a hot mess when I moved in.  It has been a nearly five year project, but we are almost done and I think it looks amazing.   .

2.  My favorite thing about myself is  my ability to prioritize large amounts of tasks and get things done.  I credit this in large part to my deep love of to-do lists.  This skill is especially helpful when I am at the hospital because it is so easy to get overwhelmed and I think it will be super handy with a baby.   .

3.  My favorite color for fall is    emerald green, which is the color of the season.  I even got an emerald green bracelet for our anniversary because apparently I talk a lot about clothes .

4. Something I've been learning lately is    people change and sometimes you have to walk away.  You also cannot stop someone from talking about you but you can stop caring because what they think really doesn't matter  .

5. A book I am reading now/have read recently is  the last book I read was "Sarah's Key," which I loved.  I need to find a new book to read.  I am open to suggestions (minus "50 Shades of Grey."  I just can't do it.) .

6. My favorite Pandora Station is  the Adele station.  I love her, fank you very much  .


7.  This weekend I will   attending my best friend's baby shower, going to church, sanding a repainting a rocking chair that belonged to Daniel when he was tiny, maybe decorating for fall, and organizing  .




3 comments:

  1. Where we belong by Emily Griffin is good, I like all her books I've been reading a bunch of her stuff lately! I also just read Gone Girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she write "Something Borrowed"? I really liked that book a lot so I may have to download "Where We Belong" this evening. Thank you for the suggestion!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I think I may try and read all of her books!

      Delete