Friday, September 28, 2012

fill in the blank friday

It's Friday!  Once again I am working so my weekend will be cut a little short.  Thankfully  I am only working tomorrow and after this shift, I will only work two more times before Baby Brown arrives.  We have been pretty busy at work so I am looking forward to being done for a while.  Our plans for Sunday include church, signing up for a baptism class, going to the pumpkin patch and working on the nursery.  I keep wondering when I will get a day to do nothing but I don't foresee that happening for a while.  Enjoy this week's blanks.


1.  My first memory is     probably when I put a rock in my nose at daycare.  I'm not sure what I was thinking besides the fact that I obviously needed attention.  I put a rock in my nose and wouldn't let anyone touch me until both my parents left work to come get me.  I even remember that the rock was a green aquarium rock   .

2.  My first love was  a learning experience.  I learned what I would and would not tolerate for future relationships.  It helped me recognize what an amazing person Daniel was when we came along and for that I am thankful     .

3.  My very first favorite color was    hot pink and black.  I especially liked the combination of these two colors on articles of clothing like stretchy bike shorts, which seemed like appropriate everyday wear in the early 90s .

4. The first time I really felt like a "grown-up" was when     I moved to Abilene for my first real job.  I had to find a place to live, set up utilities, and learn my way around town all by myself.  My family was six hours away and my future husband was five hours away.  I was very much alone and on my own .

5. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is  check my Facebook and email, read my devotional "Jesus Calling," pray, and then turn on the Today Show.  I am a creature of habit and rarely sway from this routine .

6. The first CD (cassette tape, record, etc...) I ever bought was   Whitney Houston's "Whitney" record.  I loved pre-Bobby Whitney.  .


7.  My first car was  a green Honda Civic.  It was a great car to learn how to drive with and handled like a go-cart.  I blame my need for speed on that car  .

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Jesus Calling...do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot. I think it is very relatable while not dumbing things down too much. It always gives me a lot to think about and very often applies to my daily struggles with control and planning.

      Delete