Saturday, September 1, 2012

Progress at last

I am ecstatic to report that we have made some real progress in the nursery.  I am not going to lie, the crib in our living room is getting old.

Here are a couple before pictures.

The closet area
This is where the glider and side table will go
The bookcase that we will be using as a changing table

Daniel got the ball rolling my pulling down all of the ceiling and pulling up all of the flooring.  Since we are raising ceilings and adding carpet, these were the first two things that needed to be done and they happen to be our contractor's least favorite things to do.

No more dropped ceilings 
And no more laminate
Our contractor started his part on Wednesday.  He added drywall to the new ceilings and then mudded and taped.  Yesterday he put up texture and today is painting day.  I am not going to lie, I am nervous about the paint.  It's a color we have used before but I fear it is going to look more brown than gray.  There are few things I dislike more than painting and I have a feeling that if the paint isn't right, I will end up doing just that.

Drywall
Mud, tape, and texture
The bookcase progress
That is where we stand right now.  Our hope is to get some of the trim up before we leave for Houston next week.  When we get home all that should be left is finishing up the trim and laying carpet.  I am more than ready to begin moving things into the nursery and am anxiously awaiting ordering the closet system.

I started a list with what we have to left to buy and it is a little longer than I expected.  My only hope is that we continue the forward momentum and get the room done before my parents visit next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment