Tuesday, September 18, 2012

30 weeks

In just over two months, Baby Brown should be making his big debut.  The fact that it will no longer be just the two of us (plus dogs) is really starting to sink in.  I am constantly reminding Daniel that it will never be like this again.  We are going to have another person to worry about.  All the time.  So long sleeping in!  It is a little scary but we have been calm so far.  I will say that Daniel may be going through a mini mid-life crisis.  I mean, who decides he wants to start brewing his own beer two months before having a child?  Oh that would be my husband.  He picked a fine time to develop lots of new, time-consuming hobbies.


How far along: 30 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Right around 20 pounds.  I will also say that this is a very unflattering picture and I don't think I look quite so whale-like in real life. 
Maternity clothes:  Still mixing it up.  I am breaking my vow to buy no more maternity clothes.  I need a pair of straight leg jeans and I don't think I can make it two months without any.
Stretch marks: Zero.
Sleep: I am sleeping but I wake up very sore.
Best moment this week: All the nursery progress!  We have carpet and besides touching up and adding shelves to the changing table, we are done with construction.  The baby's bedding is done and I bought a side table, lamp, some art, and a closet organizer.  I am starting to think the nursery may be done before the baby comes.
Movement: He is quite the night owl but I sleep like the dead so it doesn't wake me up.
Food cravings: I still really enjoy ice cream and sweets.
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: None.
Belly in or out: It is working on coming out.  This was pointed out by a lovely coworker this weekend.
Symptom of the week: Braxton-Hicks contractions.  I don't get them very often, maybe once a day, but they feel real weird.
What I miss: Days without back pain.
What I am looking forward to: Our anniversary, my best friend's birthday and her baby shower are all this week.
Weekly wisdom: Your bladder is your baby's playground.    
Milestones: I finally felt the baby get the hiccups and I purchased the outfit he is going to be wearing home from the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Glad there is so much progress on the nursery! Its exciting! I feel you on the back pain! It has been horrible! Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back pain has definitely been the worst part of this pregnancy. I hate that you are dealing with it too! Hopefully the rest of our pregnancies will pass quickly and back pain will be a thing of the past!

      Delete