Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's old is new

I have had a certain nursery project on my to-do list for months.  It was a special project because it meant a lot to my husband.  When Daniel was little, his family's house caught on fire and they lost almost everything they owned.  For this reason we have pretty much nothing that was his when he was growing up.

A few months ago we were at his parents and his mom mentioned that she had a rocking chair that had belonged to him.  When she asked if we wanted it, I did not even hesitate.  We brought it home and it has been sitting in our spare room ever since.

Where we started
Now I am not the craftiest person, but I have been getting better thanks to Pinterest.  The rocking chair was a little worn and the finish didn't really go with my vision for the nursery.  Thanks to my deep love for Pinterest, I was feeling empowered and decided that I could easily sand and paint the chair to match our nursery decor.

After a coat of spray paint (Don't worry, I wore a mask)

After months of avoiding the project, it was finally completed this weekend.  I have to say that I am very proud of myself.  I think it turned out perfectly and Baby Brown has little something of his dad's in his room which I know means a lot to Daniel.

The finished product (and a sneak peek of the nursery)

1 comment:

  1. I love it and so will Baby Brown! You did a great job...

    ReplyDelete